Autzen

Autzen

Photo courtesy of David Putzier at Flickr.

reverse image

reverse image

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Duck Stuff: Saturday Edition


■ Duck baseball made it five straight wins to start the season as they beat Illinois St. 4-2 behind a career night by Cole Irvin.

Irvin (12 strikeouts) and [Stephen] Nogosek combined for 16 strikeouts, most by the Ducks since March 24 of last season at UC Riverside.

■ George Horton believes Cole Irvin is borderline dominant after undergoing Tommy John surgery.

Irvin, rarely one to go out on a limb, hoped for more while admitting he felt strong.

"I don't feel like I'm completely as sharp as I will be late in the year, but I definitely felt like I was in control of the game, control of my emotions and definitely got after their hitters the best I could," he said.

■ The seventh-ranked Oregon softball team went 1-1 during the first day of play at the Mary Nutter Classic in Cathedral City, Calif.

GO DUCKS!

1 comment:

DDubbs76 said...

Oh, snap! We have a winning streak!