Autzen

Autzen

Photo courtesy of David Putzier at Flickr.

reverse image

reverse image

Sunday, July 05, 2015

Duck Stuff: Sunday Edition

■ Jason Selby gives tribute to Phil Knight after he announced he is stepping down as chairman of Nike.

Uncle Phil, I will never be able to thank you enough. Not only did you have the willingness to create the Nike shirt, shorts and shoes that I am wearing right now, but you provided me, and so many others, with countless memories that will flash in front of my eyes until I die. Many athletes have chosen Oregon because of the opportunity that you have given them. To that point, many students have chosen Oregon because of what you have done for athletics. I wish you the best in your future endeavors, and I certainly hope to see you around campus again some time soon.

■ Joey Holland believes our current wide receiver corps might be one of the best in Oregon history. Time will tell.

GO DUCKS!

1 comment:

DDubbs76 said...

Uncle Phil is retiring from Nike, but not from the University of Oregon...that's a promise!