Autzen

Autzen

Photo courtesy of David Putzier at Flickr.

reverse image

reverse image

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Duck Stuff: Wednesday Edition

■ Jimmy Friedricks calls Jeff Lockie the ultimate competitor.

Asked whether the competition he’s faced since his freshman year has helped him this spring, Lockie responds saying, “I think it helps being here since my freshman year and competing since I stepped on campus with other guys. It helps you kinda get the mindset of how it feels going into practice, not comparing yourself to others, but it helps me focus on myself a little bit more.”

■ Charles Fisher analyzes the Spring Game trend and breaks down a few plays.

Cheridan Hawkins will be joined by three other elite pitchers when the regionals in Eugene get started on Thursday.

Arguably the best pitcher in the country, Hawkins helped the Ducks (46-6) earn the No. 2 overall seed into the postseason, and the right to host an NCAA Regional.

■ Oregon looks to complete the series sweep against Gonzaga later today as they beat the Zags 9-4 yesterday at PK Park.

Up Next: The Ducks turn to freshman left-hander Jacob Corn (3-0, 4.44) to close out the midweek series with Gonzaga on Tuesday in PK Park at 6 p.m.

GO DUCKS!

1 comment:

DDubbs76 said...

I'm sure the men won't be hosting regionals...I just hope we get to compete!