Photo courtesy of David Putzier at Flickr.

Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Duck Stuff: Morning Mud

Morning Mud
Good news yesterday as Ifo Ekpre-Olumu has decided to return for his senior season as a Duck.

“The two main factors related to my decision to return were my continued progression as a person and a player, and I felt Oregon was my best option to achieve those goals and improve my situation for next year,” Ekpre-Olomu said Monday.

“I should be able to finish my degree by next fall, possibly by the end of the summer. Football is only one phase of who I am; my degree will be forever. Secondly was my ability to make an impact and become a top (draft) pick, and I felt staying one more year would only help me.”

■ Andrew Greif wonders who will fill De'Anthony Thomas' role in 2014.

■ Victor Flores grades Mark Helfrich's first year as Oregon's head coach.

■ Charles Fisher looks at how Taylor Hart came up with so many tackles in the Alamo Bowl.

■ Mark Schlabach has Oregon at #3 in his way too early top 25 for 2014.

■ Dale Newton liked Ifo Ekpre-Olumu's decision (along with Mariota and Grasu) and says Ifo just adds to the leadership going into 2014.

Ifo's big decision gives the Ducks exceptional maturity and leadership next season. With those three setting the tone, it will be a purposeful, committed group that takes the field for spring practice and begins off season workouts next week. The three are not coming back to play in another Alamo Bowl. Each could have made millions in the NFL draft, and elected to stay in school because they love the college experience, their teammates, and playing for Scott Frost, John Neal, Steve Greatwood and Mark Helfrich.

GO DUCKS!


1 comment:

DDubbs76 said...

Whoa...#3 for 2014 poll...that's high praise. Word.