Photo courtesy of David Putzier at Flickr.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Duck Stuff: Morning Mud

Morning Mud
GoDucks.com has a review of the 2013 season for the running backs.

SPRING PROJECTION - RB: Byron Marshall, Jr.; Thomas Tyner, So.; Ayele Forde, Sr.; Kenny Bassett, Sr.; Lane Roseberry, So.; Kani Benoit, RFr.; J.J. Jones, So.

With [De'Anthony] Thomas off to the NFL a year early, the Ducks enter the 2014 spring with a very solid, experienced one-two punch in Marshall and Tyner. Both figure to get even better given their youth, Tyner in particular now that he’s got a season of collegiate experience under his belt. April will be an important month for the rest of the group to lay groundwork for next fall, because the Ducks have traditionally recruited very well at running back, and the competition only gets tougher each year in preseason camp.

■ Erik Chinander was named the outside linebackers coach yesterday by the Ducks.

Ted Miller wraps up the season for the Ducks and has them positioned in second place in the final power rankings for 2013.

■ Erik McKinney believes Oregon will land a surprise recruit before the recruiting deadline.

GoDucks.com talks about not only John Neal's to stay with the Ducks but also an added role.

■ Andrew Greif brings a sigh of relief as John Neal decided it was in his best interest to stay at Oregon.

“I never had a fear that I couldn't be a great head coach; I know I can be,” Neal said. “I'm the head coach of my position, I get it, but I'm also in the best football program in the United States. I'm humbled and thankful that the people out there thought of me for the interview. But the not knowing out there wasn't as strong as knowing what I had here. I want to retire at Oregon.”

GO DUCKS!

1 comment:

DDubbs76 said...

You have to give it to Oregon...the continuity of coaching of the years has been stellar!