“I definitely have confidence that I’m going to do my job and do it to the best of my ability,” said Wogan, considered a top-10 prospect in the country among kickers. “Hopefully I am the answer, but at the same time it’s a team thing. It’s not about one kicker coming in, or one linebacker coming in.
“That’s what I love about Oregon — they said, if you've got an ego coming in, you might want to reconsider your decision.
• Bob Rickert reports Wilsonville, OR linebacker Johnny Ragin has been offered a scholarship.
• David Melo opens the history book and takes a look back at an unsung hero during the late 90's, RB Allan Amundson.
• Stanford beat Oregon last night to end the winning streak.
• Cory Mandina has a nice article on LaMichael James.
• Dennis Dixon to join Chip Kelly with the Eagles? Sounds like it.
There are strong indications that Kelly won’t waste too much time after the Super Bowl before reaching out to Ravens practice squad quarterback Dennis Dixon and bringing him to Philadelphia. Dixon, who engineered Kelly’s offense to near perfection at Oregon and had his Heisman candidacy in 2007 derailed by a knee injury, is the only NFL quarterback that knows the coach’s system inside-out and wouldn't be starting from Square 1.