Autzen

Autzen

Photo courtesy of David Putzier at Flickr.

reverse image

reverse image

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Duck Stuff: Morning Mud

Morning Mud
Dale Newton recognizes Colt Lyerla's ability but wonders if Lyerla will apply himself this year?

"The most relevant question with Colt Lyerla is, how good a college football player does he want to be?

For all the superlatives and anticipation surrounding Oregon's enigmatic and occasionally controversial tight end.....he can make giant strides toward his potential by showing up for the next 8 weeks. 80% of life is showing up. The other 20%  is paying attention. With the Hillsboro High product, the question has always been if he is fully engaged and fully motivated, lining up right, on time, in class."

■ Bryan Holt says the sky is the limit for Bralon Addison.

"Addison has great quickness coming off the line and a good pair of hands to go with it. With his size, he can maneuver and weave through defenses, which can allow for deep ball opportunities, both for Addison and other receivers like Josh Huff and Keanon Lowe. If Addison’s spring game performance gives Duck fans some insight for what we should expect this season, I am truly ecstatic."

■ GoDucks.com reports on the latest honorees for induction into the Hall of Fame at Oregon.

Steve Summers reports seniors Ben Butterfield and Chad Delaney have been awarded scholarships for the 2013-14 academic year. The announcement was made by Head Coach Mark Helfrich.

Kevin Gemmell has De'Anthony Thomas on his proving ground story for the Pac-12 North.

"Like many, I'm eager to see what he does while consistently getting 15-plus carries per game. He's only had five double-digit-carry games in his career and three 100-yard rushing games."

GO DUCKS!

No comments: