Autzen

Autzen

Photo courtesy of David Putzier at Flickr.

reverse image

reverse image

Friday, May 24, 2013

Duck Stuff: Morning Mud

Morning Mud
■ GoDucks.com announced that the Sept. 7 game at Virginia will be nationally televised yesterday.

The University of Oregon’s Sept. 7 football game at Virginia will be televised nationally by ABC Sports and ESPN2, with kickoff slated for 12:30 p.m. PDT.

■ Three FCS opponents were also put on the football slate in the coming years it was announced yesterday.

■ Kevin Gemmell looks at Oregon's "tough stretch" this coming fall.

John Canzano wonders if it's time to expand Autzen Stadium?

■ Aubrey Wieber believes Jimmy Sherfy is a born closer.

“I fell in love with closing, absolutely fell in love with it,” said Sherfy. “I never want to do anything else.”

His fit as a closer is ironic; in high school he was a slow starter, doing his best work in the final innings. Sherfy claims that it’s the pressure that gets him going right away.

“I love (the pressure),” said Sherfy. “I love it. If I go in with a four- or five-run lead, it’s iffy. Once it’s one or two runs I’m most dialed in. When the pressure is on, I love it.”

GO DUCKS!

1 comment:

DDubbs76 said...

Maybe if they expand Autzen they can triple the cost of tickets!