Saturday, April 06, 2013
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Mark Helfrich and Marcus Mariota talk to the media after practice yesterday. Video courtesy of KEZI.
• Rob Moseley talks about the first practice in full pads.
With no live periods yet, some of Oregon injured players presumably have been full participants the last few days. Helfrich said safety Avery Patterson, offensive lineman Mana Greig and defensive lineman Jared Ebert, all of whom suffered major knees injuries last fall, have been able to practice this week.
• The new coaches, Matt Lubick and Ron Aiken are learning on the fly.
“The speed of the game and the amount of plays we get in, it is unbelievable,” said Aiken, the Ducks’ new defensive line coach.
“It’s one thing to talk about it, hear about it,” said Lubick, the new receivers coach. “And it’s another thing to actually experience it.”
• Aaron Fentress talks about the tight competition for the backup quarterback position between Jake Rodrigues and Jeff Lockie.
• Isaac Rosenthal says there three men to watch as we approach the Spring Game.
• The baseball team lost their first game to Arizona St. last night 6-5 in extra innings.
• Rob Moseley looks at the depth chart with a little help from Boseko Lokombo.
Most notably, Lokombo said Tyson Coleman is "at the middle right now," apparently getting the first crack at replacing departed MIKE linebacker Kiko Alonso. Coleman was Lokombo's backup at SAM last season, playing regularly in Oregon's defensive rotation, and the two were used in tandem at times after outside linebacker Dion Jordan's shoulder injury.
Posted by Mike Wines at 6:47 AM