Friday, April 05, 2013
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Former Ducks Ed Dickson and Dennis Dixon joined forces recently to assist the local Boys & Girls Club. Very cool story.
• Dion Jordan is highlighted in this Sports Science Combine video by ESPN.
• Don Gilman calls 1916 a "mighty year of firsts" as he opens the history book to look at a great football team.
Led by quarterback Shy Huntington and coach Hugo Bezdek, the 1916 Oregon team remains the only undefeated football team in the University of Oregon’s history. Up until two years ago, they were also the only University of Oregon football team to win the Rose Bowl.
• Jon Wilner talks about possible Pac-12 Network affiliate deals.
• Aaron Fentress talks about the running back position and who will get the bulk of the carries.
"I don't want to beat De'Anthony [Thomas] up a lot," UO running backs coach Gary Campbell said. "I want to give him 15, 20, maybe more reps in a game, and then I expect Byron [Marshall] to be able to come in and take up a little more of that slack."
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:47 AM