Wednesday, April 03, 2013
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Mark Helfrich talks about the first day of spring practice. Video courtesy of KEZI.
• Rob Moseley covers the highlights from day one of spring practice and it was good to hear that Ayele Ford and Dustin Haines got scholarships after being walk-ons the past couple of years.
"There's technique in everything we do, effort in everything we do, finish in everything we do," Helfrich said. "And then installation of the offense, installation of the defense, installation of special teams -- day one, basic stuff. Had pretty good tempo overall. Had a little bit of sloppiness here and there, whether it's fits, throwing and catching, execution. But our effort was really good. ...
"Our first couple team periods were at our tempo, and then we wavered a little bit. Had some guys a little bit tired. But giving good effort."
• More first day reports from the AP, Aaron Fentress and eDuck.
• Mark Flores has his weekly recruiting update.
• Not only did Cole Irvin earn Pac-12 player of the week honors but he also was announced as the National Pitcher Of The Week By NCBWA yesterday.
Irvin pitched Oregon’s first complete-game shutout of the season and only allowed two runners to advance past first base in the Ducks’ 6-0 victory over Washington on Saturday. He allowed just four hits, while striking out a season-high 11 batters and registering one walk.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:47 AM