Marshall's time to shine.
For the first time since 2006 the Ducks will enter a season without a tailback on the roster with game experience as the lead running back. No worries. Thomas is a game breaker with the talent, if not the size, to carry the running game in stretches. Marshall, however, has the size to get it done but the jury is out as to whether he has the skills to be the focal point of UO's rushing attack. He will get plenty of work this spring to show his wares given the lack of depth at the position.
• Ted Miller says that Oregon is the winner when it comes to all sports in the Pac-12.
Yes, the Pac-12 blog is declaring the Oregon athletic department the 2012-13 Pac-12 champions.
We know winter sports -- hoops -- aren't done, and spring sports are just getting started. That doesn't matter, though Oregon looks strong in those, too.
• Who has the best uniforms? Vote and be counted as Oregon is in the semis against the Yankees and were leading them 2 to 1 last I checked.
• Mark Flores has his weekly recruiting update.
• The baseball team cruised to a 5-1 win over Portland yesterday.
• John Canzano talked with Dana Altman recently about strategy heading into the game against Louisville.
• Jackson Long previews the Sweet Sixteen game against Louisville.
• Oregon is a "Cinderella"....really?
Final Four chances: 20 percent
12) Oregon Ducks
How they got here: def. 5) Oklahoma State, 68-55; def. 4) Saint Louis, 74-57
How they've done it: Oregon, the Pac-12 regular season and tournament champions, certainly got slighted by the NCAA Selection Committee with a 12-seed. They responded with perhaps the most impressive first weekend overall, beating a young but extremely talented Oklahoma State squad before a 17-point dispatching of A-10 champion Saint Louis, who many (including this writer) had as an upset pick to advance into the Final Four.