Wednesday, February 06, 2013
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• All the touchdowns vs USC on 11/3/2012. Enjoy!
• Commits fax their letters today so follow Twitter if you want up to the second news, it'll be on fire. John Canzano has a nice piece on Thomas Tyner, worth a read.
Everyone wants their own day. Everyone wants their own moment. And why not? If the adult star athletes are doing it, why should we expect the teenagers to demonstrate more maturity and restraint? All this only makes what Aloha High School's five-star running back Thomas Tyner is about to do make me appreciate him even more.
Tyner will sign his letter of intent with the University of Oregon at 3:30 p.m. -- after school. He's invited anyone who has supporting him over the years to attend. He could have announced early, seized the spotlight, took some additional visits and created some drama over his college decision. But he'll just make a simple announcement, then slap backs and leave the others to line up a row of college baseball caps, giggle and try to make the grown-ups squirm.
• Phil Steele projects the 2013 preseason AP poll and has Oregon at number four.
• Aaron Fentress takes a closer look at recent RB commit Kani Benoit.
• No surprise here, De'Anthony is on the early Heisman radar.
• Kenjon Barner is a finalist to represent Oregon on the cover of EA Sports NCAA Football 2013 if the voting goes our way.
• Adam Jude reports Oregon basketball guard Dominic Artis is close to returning to the lineup.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:47 AM