Kelly's departure should actually reinvigorate the fan base. Going to a BCS bowl next year, even if it's not the national title game, should be a bit sweeter than this past season because it would have been accomplished minus Kelly, thus proving that life at the top for the Ducks could continue without him while he works to rebuild the Philadelphia Eagles.
• Kevin Gemmell and Ted Miller will start their top 25 of the Pac-12 for 2013 soon.
• Sources say Bryan Bennett plans on transferring to Southeastern Louisiana, a FCS school.
• Josh Schlichter breaks down the series of plays Oregon ran with one minute left in the first half of the Fiesta Bowl that resulted in a touchdown by Kenjon Barner.
• Oregon men’s basketball moves up to No. 16 in the AP Poll after sweeping the LA schools last weekend.
• LaMichael James scored his first NFL touchdown on Sunday helping the 49er's win the NFC championship game.
• Ted Miller shares his thoughts on the Helfrich promotion.
We suspect it will mostly be business as usual. But you only know when you know. Further, the true measure won't come in 2013. We'll only have a good idea of the Helfrich era if three or four years from now the Ducks remain atop the Pac-12 and ranked in the top 10.