His season career totals are 3,483 yards with 32 touchdowns on 287 touches. His career bowl totals are 509 yards and 4 touchdowns on 19 touches. This breaks down to a 12.1 yard average per touch during the season compared to a 26.8 yard average per touch during bowl games. Thomas is great during the season, but he is spectacular during bowl games when Oregon needs a big play.
• Oregon has interviewed Pep Hamilton (Stanford OC) for the job vacated by Chip Kelly.
• Uncle Phil will be paying for new upgraded accessibility features and landscaping improvements at Autzen Stadium that should be completed by the first game in the fall.
• James Harris and Josh Gibson will be heading for Philadelphia to join Chip's new staff.
• Looking for a new house? Here's one you might be interested in.
• Carl Blackwell reminds us that we will always be Mighty Oregon no matter the changes.
I’m not torn up about Chip Kelly leaving. We’re going to be fine. It would be different if the Ducks were a struggling program that fired a staff wholesale, and then brought Kelly on board — but that’s not what happened. Kelly inherited a long term stable of assistant coaches – coaches in every facet of team play, that have been here for a long time. They’re still here.
Now we move on. I have a suspicion that we’re going to be very happy with our new football coach and continue the success that Mighty Oregon has experienced in becoming a national collegiate football power.