Thursday, January 17, 2013
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Rob Moseley provides the short version of Rob Mullens announcing Chip's departure to Philadelphia. Extended version coming up in next post.
• As you might imagine, everybody was talking about Chip going to the NFL after the news first broke. Putting in their two cents worth were; Rob Moseley, David Piper, Mike Bellotti, ESPN and GoDucks.com.
• Who is the next man up for head coach? Most think it is Mark Helfrich including Ted Miller, Adam Jude and David Piper. As a side note, here is a list of all the head coaches at Oregon from start until present. And if you're up for a new job you can apply at the link in this ODE article.
Just going to throw this out there, if Helfrich is named the new head coach, will Scott Frost be promoted to offensive coordinator? I'm guessing yes.
• Current players on the team seemed to be happy for Chip and some recruits have indicated they weren't shocked and are still committed.
• The Oregonian picked their most memorable moments (photos) from the Chip Kelly era.
• Isaac Rosenthal lists the twelve things we will remember most about Chip.
• The Sporting News calls the Eagles hiring of Chip a calculated gamble
At age 49, Kelly could become the league’s next hot coach. Or it could be a hot mess, especially if the Eagles don't get enough players who can fit well in Kelly’s system.
At least it won’t be boring. Kelly thinks too much outside the box for his fore into the NFL not to be fascinating. Everyone in football will be watching—some hoping Kelly succeeds, others hoping he falls on his face.
One thing is for sure, many Ducks fans will be watching the Eagles first game this fall, I know I will.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:09 AM