Tuesday, January 01, 2013
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• KEZI shares their media day coverage where they ask questions of both teams and head coaches.
• Josh Schlichter breaks down what he believes will be Chip Kelly's game plan for the Fiesta Bowl.
With a good performance from Oregon’s wide receivers to start the game, the Ducks’ interior running game is just as good if not better than Baylor’s, which had no problems racking up yards against the Wildcats. If the Ducks can keep the Wildcat defense from adding attention to the run with quick screens and simple passing routes, Oregon should be able to operate with great efficiency in between the tackles with more inside zone plays than outside zone or sweep read plays.
• The Oregon Daily Emerald shares some photos from the media day event.
• Thomas Boyd shares his favorite photos from 2012.
• Adam Jude continues looking at ten moments that shaped the season and has the 49-0 Arizona victory at number seven.
• Nice story from John Canzano on one Oregon player nobody ever notices but works just as hard as anyone on the team.
• Today's matchup pits the Oregon wide receivers versus the K-Stae defensive backs. Split decision according to the two reporters.
• Ryan Clanton and Kenjon Barner reflect on their spent in Eugene and playing for the Ducks.
“It’s very rare an entire community is as loving, caring and giving as Eugene,” Barner said. “It’s a one-of-a-kind community.” “You don’t get to see a city as clean with wildlife that beautiful every day,” Clanton said.
The seniors have a little time to figure out where they’re headed next. For now, their full attention is on K-State.
“This is it — this is the big one,” Clanton said.
Posted by Mike Wines at 6:59 AM