Saturday, December 08, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Chip Kelly talks with the media after practice yesterday. Video courtesy of KEZI.
• Joel @FishDuck.com believes the quarterback matchup should be entertaining when Oregon takes on K-State.
Marcus Mariota vs. Collin Klein. Optimus Klein vs. Flyin’ Hawaiian. Veteran savvy vs. Youthful exuberance.
Two quarterbacks, too fun to not watch. Let the show begin…no matter which one is under center.
• Adam Jude talks about Klein with Nick Aliotti and the difficulties on facing another dual-threat QB.
• Rob Moseley says the Ducks were energized by their first Fiesta Bowl practice yesterday.
• Tyler Johnstone was selected to The Sporting News' Freshman All-American team.
• Aaron Fentress talks about long layoffs after the regular season and what the future playoff system might look like.
• Mark Helfrich was named the 2012 FootballScoop Quarterbacks Coach of the Year for the second time in the last three years.
“The role that Mark Helfrich played in the development of Marcus Mariota as a freshman certainly speaks for itself,” Oregon head coach Chip Kelly said. “He did an outstanding job of molding the talents of a very special young man into the framework of our offense and teaching Marcus how to maximize his understanding of the game. Yet Mark’s success is nothing new as I now have witnessed his ability to relay his expertise to student-athletes for the last four years.”
Posted by Mike Wines at 5:58 AM