Saturday, December 29, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• A short recap of our Duck mascot during the second day of their road trip to Glendale.
• Practice continued yesterday and Wade Keliikipi has returned from an injury which is good news.
Keliikipi hasn't played since Oregon's win at USC, missing the final three games of the regular season with a lower leg injury that had him watching from the sideline on crutches for the home finale against Stanford. He had his left ankle taped up today but participated in warm-ups and individual drills for the start of practice.
• Kiko Alonso was also glad to see Keliikipi return to practice.
• Aaron Fentress says the Ducks are working hard in living right in Arizona.
• Thomas Boyd snapped some photos from day two of practice.
• Steve Summers has a Q&A session with Chip Kelly after practice.
• The Oregon Daily Emerald grades the Fiesta participants special teams and gives the edge to K-State.
• Adam Jude continues looking at ten defining moments for the season and has the emergence of Marcus Mariota in the Spring Game at number four.
• Four players from Oregon have been selected to participate in the Senior Bowl.
• ESPN analysts overwhelmingly pick Oregon to win the Fiesta Bowl next week.
• Ted Miller wonders if Chip Kelly is the most interesting man in college football.
There is a school of thought, now apparently subscribed to by a handful of desperate NFL teams, that if that uber-suave, hirsute gentleman from those wildly entertaining Dos Equis beer commercials revealed his true identity, he would rip off a bearded mask and reveal Chip Kelly.
Stay thirsty my friends.
Posted by Mike Wines at 5:24 AM