Thursday, December 27, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Seems the Duck mascot might be having issues getting to Glendale with the rest of the team.
• Chip Kelly held a press conference after arriving at the hotel in Scottsdale yesterday and most of the questions he faced were related to the NFL. Of course, Chip being Chip, he deflected all the attention to the task at hand, winning the Fiesta Bowl.
• Players on the team who were in Glendale two years ago for the BCS Championship game against Auburn have a different ending in mind this time around.
Overall, if there was any sense two years ago that Oregon was just happy to be at the University of Phoenix Stadium, the Ducks say they’re not content with simply making another return trip this week.
“We’re ready,”[Michael Clay] said. “We’re down there for business, and to win a game.”
• The Oregon Daily Emerald grades the Fiesta Bowl quarterbacks and calls it a draw.
• Adam Jude continues counting down the ten moments that shaped the 2012 season and early departures comes in at number two.
• Ken Goe calls the current bowl system archaic and lusts for a real playoff season similar to the rest of college football.
• Former Ducks, Haloti Ngata and Max Unger will be playing in the NFL Pro Bowl.
• Over at FishDuck.com David Melo has a Q&A with former safety Rasuli Webster and Joe Packer takes a closer look at future Oregon running back Dontre Wilson.
Posted by Mike Wines at 6:09 AM