Photo courtesy of David Putzier at Flickr.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Duck Stuff: Morning Mud



Chip Kelly talks with reporters after practice yesterday. Video courtesy of KEZI.

According to this report Oregon had the seventh best defense in 2012.

This was Oregon's best defense in the Chip Kelly era, but most folks didn't notice it. That's because Oregon was so dominant that most of their games were over in the second quarter, which meant that garbage time started early in the second half of games with teams getting meaningless yards. 

This made Oregon's defensive statistics misleading. But if you studied tape of this defense, you'd see a fast, athletic unit that consistently created negative plays.

With that outstanding defense meeting one of the stingiest teams when it comes to turning the ball over, which one has the advantage? My money is on Oregon.

• Reports are indicating the "plea bargain" agreement with the NCAA in the Willie Lyles affair has come to an impasse which means a hearing in the matter will more than likely happen in the spring.

Chip doesn't like to schmooze the boosters? I'm shocked.

Oregon got another commitment from an O-lineman out of a NJ high school. and a JC transfer student.

Forbes has named Oregon as one of college football's most cost-efficient teams.

• Kyle Long shares his disappointment with Adam Jude over not being granted another year of eligibility.

"Just very appreciate of all the people in the Eugene area and all Duck fans across the country for their support over the last few months (and) for everybody adopting me as one of their own. ... The main thing is I want to keep working toward my degree. I wouldn't have been finished until next year regardless. So I need to come up with a plan to keep my academic focus intact."

"Tackle, guard — I just want to play," Long said. "I'm a hungry kid who just wants an opportunity."

GO DUCKS!

No comments: