Sunday, December 16, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Mark Helfrich talks with reporters after practice yesterday. Video courtesy of KEZI.
• Aaron Fentress believes turnovers won't come easy for the Oregon defense against K-State.
Oregon's number of forced turnovers this season has been a source of pride for Nick Aliotti, especially after a slow start in that department. A few more could be in order for Oregon to find success on Jan. 3.
"I'm hoping we can get about four more," he said. "I'd like to reach 40. And I think that will help us win the game."
• It didn't go as planned in the volleyball championship game for Oregon as they went down to Texas but it still was a great year. The men's basketball team picked up a big win yesterday against Nebraska to improve to 9-1.
• Jon Wilner says Oregon is the better team and will win the Fiesta Bowl.
• Adam Jude thinks Dion Jordan will carry the torch for Oregon's NFL hopefuls.
Jordan was one of five college players pictured on the front page of ESPN.com earlier this week for a story on the strong crop of defenders for the 2013 draft. One NFL scout has Jordan listed as the No. 5 overall prospect in this draft class; most mock drafts have him being selected in the latter part of the first round.
"I realized awhile ago that it was no longer a dream," he said of the NFL. "It's a reality now."
Posted by Mike Wines at 5:23 AM