Wednesday, November 07, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Chip Kelly talks with the media following practice yesterday. Video courtesy of KEZI.
• Gene Wojciechowski @ESPN says the Ducks are dazzling on offense. (Must read BTW)
Moments after Oregon running back Kenjon Barner had scored the Ducks' 61st point against USC on Saturday night, Trojans cornerback Nickell Robey stood exasperated in the end zone, his arms extended, palms facing up in the classic, "What The Hell Just Happened" pose.
The Ducks had 13 actual possessions in the game and scored touchdowns on nine of them. Four of those touchdowns took 1:06 or less. At times, USC's defense would have had more luck trying to stop traffic on the nearby 110 Freeway than trying to stop Oregon.
• Oregon earned the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl National Team of the Week for their efforts against USC.
• Ted Miller takes a quick look at Oregon vs Cal.
• Adam Jude wonders if this might be the fastest Duck team ever.
• Bob Clark reports Pac-12 conference records are dropping like fall leaves and ponders Pac-12 championship game scenarios.
• Tobin Petitpas and Sharon Katz @ESPN debate which is better, Alabama's defense or Oregon's offense.
• Rob Moseley notes the D-line health is a concern heading into the home stretch.
• The Heisman Pundit's straw poll voters have Kenjon Barner in the number two spot.
• The final home game against Stanford on Nov. 17 will be at noon or 5 pm which might make a good College Game Day set up if Stanford beats the beav trash this weekend.
• Aaron Fentress reports the O-line has raised the bar for themselves.
The blocking performance was so good that it set a new benchmark for the No. 2 Ducks.
"We played better up front than we had all year, and now that's our standard," Oregon offensive coordinator Mark Helfrich said.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:39 AM