Tuesday, November 06, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Chip Kelly talks about preparing for Cal. Video courtesy of KVAL.
• Rob Moseley has a warning for the scout team, beware of the defense as they look to improve tacking this week.
Everybody saw the issues Oregon had in the secondary Saturday at USC...Michael Clay said the defense needs to take its opportunities in contact periods against the scout team to improve its tackling.
• Aaron Fentress takes a sneak peak at the Cal game on Saturday.
• Kenjon Barner was named the Pac-12 offensive player of the week for his performance last Saturday.
• I haven't been posting a lot of Heisman updates but Kenjon's performance has him squarely in the mix.
• Charles @FishDuck.com breaks down Oregon's winning game plan against USC and analyzes the unbalanced O-line formation.
• Is this the best Ducks team ever? A little early to make that proclamation.
• Ted Miller continues to have Oregon at number one in his weekly Pac-12 power rankings.
It wasn't perfect, at least on defense, but that was a resounding statement at USC. There are some injury issues, particularly on defense, but this team is coming together as perhaps the best of the Chip Kelly era. Wondering what type of opponent the Ducks will face at California: A motivated one or one that will serve as a doormat?
(Probably the latter)
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:38 AM