Monday, November 05, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Tom Ward and Nick Krupke are joined by former Oregon OL Todd Kaanapu as they talk about the big over USC on Inside the Pac.
• Oregon moved ahead of Notre Dame to the #3 spot in the newest BCS poll while they remain a solid #2 in both human polls.
• Saturday's game against Cal is slated for another 7:30 pm start and will air on ESPN.
• Kevin Gemmell has a helmet sticker for Kenjon Barner and Marcus Mariota.
All he did was have more rushing yards in a game than any other running back in Oregon history. And he did it in the biggest game of the year to date. Barner finished with 321 yards and five touchdowns on 38 carries in the 62-51 victory over USC. Huh, so that’s what it looks like when he plays four quarters. I've had him at No. 2 on my Heisman ballot the past three weeks. Guess who’s moving up to No. 1?
• Kenjon Barner was named the Walter Camp national player of the week for his efforts and video game numbers against USC.
• Ted Miller shares "what we learned in the Pac-12 for week 10."
Oregon makes its national title statement: While USC scrapped and clawed and didn't yield easily in front of 93,607 at the Coliseum, Oregon was in control throughout against the Trojans in a 62-51 victory, mostly because the Trojans couldn't stop the Ducks' offense, which rolled up 730 yards. Those point and yardage totals are the largest ever yielded by USC. The Trojans scored with one second left to cut into the final margin. It's likely Oregon's performance will only enhance its position with pollsters, and it should boost the Ducks' computer rating.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:55 AM