The offense returns eight starters, losing Kenjon Barner and the two guards. The defense returns seven starters, though two of the losses are those inside linebackers who did so much.
• Adam Jude, who is grasping for story ideas IMO, wonders if the Ducks could play the Gators in the Fiesta Bowl.
• On a similar topic, Oklahoma is trying to avoid another trip to the Fiesta Bowl. (although it says otherwise, could it be they don't want to play the Ducks?)
• Oregon based, SportsOne, Inc., has been selected to stage the Fiesta Bowl pep rallies.
• Jerry Thompson @FishDuck.com talks about gathering all of the material used in his seven hour, four DVD production of "Mighty Oregon," which covers the history of Oregon football from 1894 through the 2012 Rose Bowl. A sure hit for the Duck fan on your Christmas list.
• Ted Miller looks at the 2013 Pac-12 schedule rotation where you will notice the following games for Oregon:
Home: CAL, OSU, UCLA, UTAH, WSU.
Away: ARIZ, COLO, STAN, WASH
Miss: Arizona State, USC
• Ted also updates the Pac-12 stat numbers compared to the rest of the nation. Oregon is mentioned numerous times.
• Have you seen the redesigned GoDucks.com? It was due for a serious makeover and loads much faster and looks better.
• Ken Goe wonders if the Cal and Colorado athletic directors should learn from Oregon's example when it comes to hiring a new coach.
The people in charge at Oregon figured out that having a revolving door in the head coach's office is not a model for success. They opted to make a good hire, and have enough faith and guts to stick with him.