Friday, November 23, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Keanon Lowe sits down with KEZI reporter Erick Elken to talk about the Civil War.
• Josh S. @FishDuck.com breaks down what it will take to beat the beavs.
A lot of this game will depend on whether or not Mariota is back on par with his usual performance... Something tells me Oregon will be back to its usual ways this Saturday...
• Adam Jude notes Oregon will put its impressive road winning streak on the line when they travel to corvallis on Saturday.
• Nathan @FishDuck.com doesn't have lot of love for the blackened hearts of beav nation.
• Nice story on Will Murphy and the support he has given one small boy fighting a terrible disease.
• Adam Jude sat down with Joey Harrington recently for a little Q&A session to talk about the Civil War, his new job and Marcus Mariota. Here is one of my favorites from the story:
Q: Do you have a favorite Civil War memory, either as a fan or a player?
A: It's absolutely Dino Philyaw (from 1994). That was at what was then Parker Stadium and (Oregon fans) took down the goal post ... and Oregon clinched their first Rose Bowl in forever. Danny O'Neil and that team, they were just really fun to watch. The season had started so rough; they were 1-2 to start the season and then they just made this improbable run that ended in Corvallis. It was just a fight of a football game. It will always be my favorite memory. ... I was at home, watching on TV (as a high school freshman).
Posted by Mike Wines at 6:43 AM