Thursday, November 15, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Chip Kelly talks with reporters after practice yesterday. Video courtesy of KEZI.
• Aaron Fentress reports Oregon's battered defense braces for Stanford's power running game.
"They are a power, downhill, a lot of big personnel group running team coupled with play action," Oregon defensive coordinator Nick Aliotti said. "That's what sticks out the most. They are probably going to feel pretty good after watching some of that film (against California)."
• Unstoppable force meets immovable object is one way to put it when Oregon takes on Stanford.
“Best D line we’ve faced so far,” UO senior guard Ryan Clanton said. “They scheme, they disguise blitzes — you can’t tell at the snap what they’re going to do. And they’re physical.”
• Who has the toughest remaining schedule among the contenders for the BCS championship game? Oregon gets the vote.
• Oregon might have the toughest remaining schedule but Las Vegas likes the Ducks to win it all.
• John Canzano believes Chip Kelly will opt for the NFL when he completes unfinished business.
• Ken Goe likes Chip's chances in the NFL if he did leave Oregon.
• Chris Brown calls Chip Kelly football the new old school. (good read with a plug for FishDuck)
• Ted Miller updates his superlative tracker where you will find a few Oregon notables.
• Many teams must wonder, did we just get Mariota-ed?
"I think he is as composed and has as full a package as any quarterback I've seen, especially a redshirt freshman," [Jeff] Tedford said. "He's quick with decision-making. He doesn't force balls, doesn't turn it over. He's big. He's very fast. He makes good decisions. Very accurate throwing the ball. ... We did a pretty decent job against the run game the other night but he killed us."
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:30 AM