Monday, November 12, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Oregon claims the number two spot in the latest BCS rankings and climbs to number one in the human polls.
• Rob Moseley talks about the latest polls but also includes the news that Marcus Mariota has taken over the lead in nationwide passing efficiency.
On the strength of his 27-of-34 day in Berkeley, Mariota moved up to No. 1 nationally in pass efficiency, with a 176.96 rating. The FBS freshman record is 180.4, by Michael Vick in 1999.
• The Oregon defense sure has a different look to it when you compare the two-deep chart from when the season started to the current version.
• Ken Goe wonders if Stanford has a chance against Oregon. Probably not.
• John Canzano talks about Oregon's remaining games and a couple of concerns we all have. The d-line and Mariota's health.
• Ted Miller also wonders about health issues as Stanford comes to town.
• Kevin Gemmell has a helmet sticker for Marcus Mariota after his masterful performance against Cal.
The accolades continue as Mariota matched an Oregon record by throwing six touchdowns. He completed 27 of 34 passes for 377 yards. He also carried six times for 42 yards.
Posted by Mike Wines at 5:02 AM