Thursday, November 01, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Chip Kelly talks with the media after practice yesterday. Video courtesy of KEZI.
• Kirk Herbstreit breaks down the game against USC.
• Does USC stand a chance in a tight game? Not really.
Not only have the Ducks not played a close game this season, they haven't played a team that posed even a remote threat in the fourth quarter, when Oregon starters are eating orange slices and waving to their mommies and girlfriends.
• Joey @FishDuck.com says the backfield has exceeded expectations in 2012 and believes and expects them to weather a USC passing attack.
• GoDucks.com shares their weekly football release for the USC game.
• Aaron Fentress notes the Ducks hope to make USC one-dimensional.
• Rob Moseley notes there are game breakers on both sides of the ball in the game this weekend.
• Controlling the line of scrimmage will be a key element for an Oregon victory.
• Adam Jude shares the good news that apparently Kiko Alonso and Dion Jordan will be ready for the USC game.
• Brent Edwards ($Insider account required) says the Oregon defense is fueling the big wins.
Oregon deserves to be mentioned alongside Alabama, Notre Dame and the rest of the country's best defenses.
This is a great example of why conventional statistics are flawed when it comes to evaluating college football teams. It's also evidence that USC faces an even bigger challenge Saturday against Oregon than most people think.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:41 AM