Monday, October 08, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Tom Ward and Nick Krupke are joined by Kevin Leonard on Inside the Pac.
• Matt Walks has a nice piece on the complete turn around of Kiko Alonso.
The 6-foot-4, 242 pound force has been asked to step up this year...it’s his play on the field that has made a statement this year...If his Renaissance continues, expect to hear his name called early in next year’s NFL Draft.
• Rob Moseley details the practice schedule during "improvement week."
• Oregon hung on to its number two ranking in the latest AP poll.
• Aaron Fentress is hoping the second half of the season will hold more intrigue than the first half for the Ducks.
Scoring 152 over three games in Pac-12 play is evidence that Oregon is simply playing at a different level than the rest of the conference.
The second half of Oregon's schedule poses some potential challenges. The Ducks face games at Arizona State, at USC, at Oregon State, at California and at home against Stanford.
But as of now, the Ducks appear to be the class of the conference until another team proves it can at least raise the degree of difficulty on Oregon and provide something resembling a challenge.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:51 AM