Quite literally, opponents are using games against the Buffaloes as de facto scrimmages.
Were Oregon to do anything similar, Chip “Win the Day” Kelly would of course never acknowledge it. But the Ducks do enter Saturday’s visit from the Buffaloes with an eye toward the future in at least one respect — Colorado’s pro-style offense is a sign of things to come.
• Aaron Fentress calls the game today a warm up for the USC game next week.
• Ted Miller wonders did you know?
Oregon has scored at least 30 points in 20 consecutive games dating back to last season, which is now the longest active streak in FBS (Oklahoma State’s 22-game streak ended earlier this season). It’s also the third-longest such streak in FBS history.
• Rob Moseley sits down with Avery Patterson for a little Q&A.
• Ayele Forde is building a resume on special teams.
• Joel Gunderson, Josh White and Josh Schlichter @FishDuck.com all take a long look at the matchup against the Buffaloes.
• Rob Moseley shares his prediction (55-3) for the game today but is interested to see...
...what De'Anthony Thomas will do. I expect him to have his best game of the conference season so far, which I acknowledge isn't saying much.
• My prediction: Oregon 63 - Colorado 6. Black-yellow-black for the uniform combo.
• Adam Jude states the Oregon defense is simply red hot in the red zone.
Oregon is thriving in those situations, playing not only better than any Ducks' defense in recent memory, but also ranking No. 1 in the nation in red-zone defense, allowing 15 scores in opponents' 29 trips inside the UO 20-yard line. It's that type of defensive success that might make this the Ducks' best shot yet at winning a national championship.