Thursday, October 25, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Chip Kelly talks with the media after practice yesterday. Video courtesy of ODE.
• Kenjon Barner leads Ted Miller's superlative tracker this week.
Rushed for 143 yards (8.9 average) with three touchdowns, including a 71-yard score, in the win over Arizona State. He sat out the fourth quarter. For the year, he ranks 10th in the nation and second in the Pac-12 with 124.29 yards per game. He leads conference running backs with 12 TDs.
• Chris Anderson takes a quick look at Colorado.
• GoDucks.com shares their weekly football release for the Colorado game.
• Rob Moseley and Aaron Fentress both doubt Kiko Alonoso's availability for the Colorado game due to an apparent injury to his wrist.
• Jon Wilner has your TV coverage schedule covered for the Pac-12 weekend.
• Ralph D. Russo details the important games to scoreboard watch for this weekend that might impact Oregon in the polls.
• Freshman left tackle Tyler Johnstone isn't letting early praise go to his head.
"It's really cool that somebody is looking at me in that way and they have respect for me as a player to put me on a list like that," he said. "But personally I think I could be doing a lot better than I am now."
• Bob Clark looks at how Marcus Mariota is doing in his rookie campaign.
Mariota’s freshman season has been nothing but a success. He’s quarterbacked the second-ranked Ducks to seven victories entering Saturday’s game against Colorado, and his individual numbers are headed for the record books as well.
If he throws three touchdown passes against the Buffaloes, he’ll match the conference record of 19 touchdown passes by a freshman. Mariota is within 115 yards of the total offense record (rushing and passing yards) for a UO freshman. His completion percentage of .683 currently exceeds the UO record for a season.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:03 AM