Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Mark Helfrich and Marcus Mariota talk with the media after practice yesterday. Video courtesy of the Oregon Daily Emerald.
• Charles @FishDuck.com breaks down a new play he calls the "power read play" used against ASU in this article.
I do not know where Chip Kelly comes up with all these new wrinkles, but as someone who studies his Offense, I find that it has become an analyst’s paradise with each weekly discovery. The Arizona State game was particularly subject rich, as we saw formations, motions and plays from nearly two years ago, last year…and NEVER BEFORE SEEN.
• Just in case the game is close on Saturday (really?) the Ducks prepare for a last minute field goal or touchdown if needed.
• Kenjon Barner is seeing his Heisman stock rise after the ASU game.
• Ted Miller updates the national stat tracker to see how Pac-12 teams compare nationally and Oregon is mentioned in multiple categories.
• Good news on Isaac Remington who has been reinstated following a drop of charges in his DUII incident.
• Oregon has scheduled a home-and-home series with Ohio St. for 2020-2021.
• Ducks and beavers unite? Not likely is my opinion.
• Rob Moseley notes special teams tweaks are paying off.
Bottom line, among the punt and kickoff teams Thursday [ASU game], both kicking and returning, “all four units, they all got better, which is our goal each week,” Tom Osborne said. “We all want perfection, but they got better, and that’s what we ask them to do.”
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:11 AM