Monday, October 15, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Chip Kelly talks with reporters after practice yesterday. Video courtesy of KEZI.
• Oregon is ranked at #3 in the first BCS poll behind Alabama and Florida. As everyone mentions, the number three ranking is irrelevant as long as we keep winning.
• Ted Miller believes ASU will be the toughest test so far for Oregon this season.
• Jim @FishDuck.com takes a look back at the original gang green defense. The 1958 Ducks.
• Rob Moseley says DeForest Buckner exemplifies the trend of freshmen earning a position in the rotation on defense.
When DeForest Buckner was being recruited by Oregon out of Punahou School in Honolulu ...UO defensive line coach Jerry Azzinaro was upfront about the potential for early playing time.
Work hard enough, Azzinaro told Buckner, and there was a chance to crack the Ducks’ primary rotation on the line of eight guys, give or take.
Buckner, a 6-foot-7, 230-pound end who also lettered four times in basketball for Punahou, did just that, and was on the field for the Ducks’ opener this season.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:53 AM