Thursday, October 11, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Enjoy the highlights from the Arizona St. game last year at Autzen. Will the Ducks find success in the desert this year? I'm thinking so.
• Rob Moseley has a good read on the progress of Jeff Lockie and Jake Rodrigues as the redshirting freshmen play on the practice squad or prepare as the third quarterback behind Mariota and Bennett.
For Lockie, a 6-foot-2, 195-pound native of Danville, Calif., and Rodrigues, a 6-3, 218-pounder from Rocklin, Calif., those practice reps figure to be the closest they’ll get to the field this season for No. 2 Oregon, which is 6-0 and currently enjoying a bye week. Each quarterback has been tabbed for a redshirt, Lockie practicing behind Mariota and Bennett with Oregon’s offense, and Rodrigues helping run the scout team against the UO defense.
• David Piper @ATQ dispels the myth that Oregon can't hang with the SEC elite teams.
• Over @FishDuck.com Charles wonders if Justin Wilcox stands for head hunting and Ted thinks the athletic department may not be trying to continue the tradition of a community fan base.
• Ted Miller updates his Pac-12 superlative tracker where you will find De'Anthony, Kenjon and Chip.
• Oregon will host Georgia St. in 2015 which complete the schedule for that year.
• Is Chip fishing or watching NFL games during the bye week? Not likely. It's always about getting better.
"We're on one-week missions here. That's the way we've always approached it."
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:42 AM