Sunday, September 09, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Tom Ward @KVAL talks about the Duck's 42-25 victory over Fresno St.
• ESPN shares their wrap up story of the Oregon win.
• Rob Moseley calls the Ducks magnificent but mortal, Aaron Fentress says Oregon just a dose of mid-major reality, Steve Summers called the game far from perfect, Anne M. Peterson liked Kenjon Barner's leadership, Ken Woody said the second half woes need to be addressed, ESPN and GoDucks.com round out the game summary stories.
• Thomas Boyd has a photo essay of the game.
• Adam Jude, Rob Moseley, and Chris Anderson all share their concerns over the mounting injuries so early in the season. Injured players include John Boyett (knee,) Carson York (knee,) Josh Huff (knee,) along with Kyle Long, Tyler Johnstone, and Jared Ebert.
• Nick Aliotti liked the play of the defense during a critical goal line stand in the third quarter.
• Bob Clark liked what he saw from Kenjon Barner yesterday.
So with Oregon leading 35-19 and 9:40 left in the fourth quarter, the Ducks put the football and the outcome in the hands of their senior running back. He carried on eight of 10 plays in a touchdown drive that lasted six minutes, gaining 65 of the 77 yards including the final 15 for his third touchdown that gave the Ducks a 42-19 lead.
Game over, as it ended with the fourth-ranked Ducks posting a 42-25 victory over Fresno State at Autzen Stadium.
• I'll be back later today with my highlight video of the game so stay tuned.
Posted by Mike Wines at 5:52 AM