Thursday, September 06, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Chip Kelly and Ryan Clanton talk with reporters after practice yesterday. Video courtesy of Rob Moseley and the RG.
• Kevin Gemmell looks ahead to the Fresno St. game and wonders if Marcus Mariota will have another good week.
Fresno State has to be weeping quietly in a corner after watching film of Oregon last week. The Bulldogs only allowed 10 points last week, but that was Weber State. It will be interesting to see if Mariota makes it to the third quarter this week.
• Anne M. Peterson says De'Anthony Thomas makes the most of his touches.
''Whenever 6 touches the ball you just kind of sit back,'' said coach Chip Kelly, referring to Thomas by his jersey number. ''He's a special player.''
• Care to take a gamble on getting some Rose Bowl tickets for face value?
If your team receives a berth to the game in December, you can then purchase a ticket at face value. If your team is not selected, the reservation expires. But you're not necessarily out $15.
• Rob Moseley shares his full depth chart based on the first game.
• Dale Newton tells us how Marcus Mariota will improve the Oregon offense.
• GoDucks.com has their weekly football release ready for the Fresno St. game. Learn all you need to know about the matchup.
• Aaron Fentress says freshman RB Byron Marshall received a crash course in UP-RB 101.
With the game out of hand, Oregon became more conservative on offense and Marshall was the beneficiary. His 24 carries for 64 yards gave him a crash course in college football and provided plenty of game video for him to learn from.
"Just getting an understanding of what the game was all about was the best thing for us," Chip Kelly said. "I think he's got a bright future."
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:34 AM