Thursday, September 27, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Chip Kelly talks about Washington St. preparations after practice yesterday. Video courtesy of the Oregon Daily Emerald.
• Aaron Fentress says Oregon is ready for their first road game and to play in a NFL stadium.
"It's cool to go on road games and it's cool that our first one is at such a cool venue," Oregon safety Brian Jackson said. "Not many college players get to experience that. So we all get to go over there and play in a nice place. And we have to be prepared to play a team with no conscience. They are ready to throw the ball at all times."
• Rob Moseley talks about Oregon being prepared to face a team who throws the ball about 70% of the time.
• Joel @FishDuck.com previews the Washington St. game.
• Ted Miller has De'Anthony Thomas and Chip Kelly on his Pac-12 superlative tracker.
• Ifo Ekpre-Olomu was named the Jim Thorpe DB of the week yesterday for his efforts againt Arizona. Well deserved.
• Many teams try to stop Oregon's running attack thinking that's the way to win against the Ducks. But if you focus on just that one element of the Oregon offense you may get just burned.
"At the end of the day, it's, where's your production," Kelly said. "The great part about our team, our staff, we don't care where it comes from. … I'm really happy with the way we throw the ball. If you're going to devote nine guys and try and stop the run, god bless you, and we'll throw it."
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:35 AM