Thursday, September 20, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Chip Kelly talks (very briefly) with reporters after practice yesterday. All the questions were around De'Anthony and Chip was his usual self to say the least. Video courtesy of KVAL.
• Anne M. Peterson says Oregon's young offense feels prepared for Arizona.
''We're just so young. I don't think people realize how young we are,'' offensive coordinator Mark Helfrich said. ''Part of it is growing into roles. Part of it is just playing.''
But the Ducks, who are known for their speed on the field, are also quick learners, Helfrich said.
''Every day with one of these players you see the light bulb come on and they have one of those 'Aha!' moments,'' he said. ''Then they've got it.''
• Bob Clark says Oregon should be prepared for Arizona's spread offense after facing the last three opponents.
• Ted Miller believes that scoreboard will spin like crazy when Oregon meets Arizona on Saturday.
• Joe @FishDuck.com would like you to know a little more about true freshman RB Byron Marshall.
With Byron Marshall, it’s not really a question of if he can become the guy; it’s when.
• Ted Miller has De'Anthony as his number one pick to win Pac-12 offensive player of the year in his Pac-12 superlative tracker.
He's rushed for 228 yards and averaged a stout 17.5 yards per run with four touchdowns. He's caught 11 passes for 154 yards and three touchdowns. He's 25th in the nation in punt returns with a 13.29 yard average. His 14 points per game is tied for fifth in the nation. He's also 17th in the nation in all-purpose yards. And when he gets the ball everyone holds their breath.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:43 AM