Sunday, September 02, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Chip Kelly and Marcus Mariota talk with reporters after the game last night and KVAL along with Nick Krupke share their game story piece that ran on the late news. Video courtesy of Rob Moseley and KVAL.
• The game was never as close as the 57 - 34 final score would indicate as the first team was pulled out of the game with 8 minutes left in the second quarter. How impressive was Marcus Mariota? Cool, calm, collected, with an accurate arm whether standing in the pocket, moving to his left or right and throwing on the run. This guy is going to be a force.
On with the game stories from Rob Moseley called it a masterful debut, Ken Woody says it was a mauling, McKenna Brown said Mariota dazzled, Steve Summers called it a coming out party for Mariota, Chris @FishDuck.com shares his thoughts and stories from ESPN and GoDucks.com round out the coverage.
• Alex McDougall @ODE took some sweet game photos.
• The sellout streak continues, barely, with an announced attendance of 56,144.
• John Canzano wants everyone to know how to pronounce Marcus Mariota.
• Chris Hansen reports Arkansas St. QB Ryan Aplin and head coach Gus Malzhan were impressed.
“First half we just didn’t come to play,” Arkansas State quarterback Ryan Aplin said. “They put it on us and kicked our butt.”
“We had an idea about their offense,” said Gus Malzahn, who made his head coaching debut for the Red Wolves. “They execute it so well and they’ve got speed at every position. Obviously, we were expecting to do better than we did defensively in the first half.”
“They’ll have a chance, there’s no doubt,” Malzahn said. “I told (Oregon coach Chip Kelly) after the game they’re good in every phase.”
Aplin agreed. “They’re a good team, a tremendous team,” the senior quarterback said. “I could probably see them winning it all.”
• I will be back posting my highlight video later this afternoon so stay tuned and if you haven't subscribed to my YouTube channel now would be a great time.
Posted by Mike Wines at 6:33 AM