Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Kenjon Barner, Marcus Mariota and Keanon Lowe talk about preparing for Arizona fter practice yesterday. Video courtesy of KVAL.
• Aaron Fentress previews Arizona and expects the Ducks to win because of a better defense.
The game might be close early on but the Ducks defense will be the best unit on the field and prevent the Wildcats from keeping pace with UO's offense. Oregon 46, Arizona 27.
• Bryan Bennett at running back? There are a couple of specially designed plays according to Chip Kelly.
“We have a package together with those guys,” Kelly said Sunday. “We feel like if they’re in, those plays can obviously help us win a game. It’s not a whole, huge part of our offense, but there’s a package involved with both those guys.”
• Rob Moseley sets the stage for the Arizona game and compares stats.
• Are excessive penalties a cause for concern?
• Aaron Fentress thinks the Pac-12 could be full of landmines for the Ducks.
• Ted Miller puts Oregon on top in his weekly Pac-12 power rankings.
The Ducks emerge from their preseason in a familiar place: atop the Pac-12. While the Nov. 3 visit to USC was diminished by the Trojans' loss to Stanford, the Ducks' home game against Stanford on Nov. 17 suddenly ramps up a bit. Nationally ranked Arizona visits on Saturday. Will the Ducks get tested?
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:31 AM