Monday, September 17, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Tom Ward and Nick Krupke are joined by former Oregon LB Brent Haberly on Inside the Pac as they talk about Oregon's big win over Tennessee Tech.
• Kevin Gemmell has a helmet sticker for Marcus Mariota.
Though he tossed an interception, he still completed 21 of 28 balls for 307 yards and four touchdowns. Through the first three weeks he’s completing 75.5 percent of his throws.
• Ted Miller has some thoughts about Oregon in his weekly "what we learned in the Pac-12."
Oregon's 63-14 blowout of Tennessee Tech wasn't terribly relevant. But USC's loss and sudden vulnerability topples it from atop the Pac-12 perception pecking order. Stanford moves up. But the Cardinal can't eclipse the Ducks because Oregon has blown them out in consecutive seasons. USC no longer can be considered a favorite on Nov. 3 when the Ducks visit. But the wiser way to view things is to see a lot of football ahead. The Ducks have yet to play a team with a pulse. It's possible we'll see a few more plot twists before we get to November.
• Aaron Fentress believes Byron Marshall is easing depth chart concerns at running back.
• Oregon rose to number three in the AP Poll after the USC loss.
• The Oregon vs Washington St. game has a 7:30 p.m. kickoff (local) time on Sept. 29 and will be carried on ESPN or ESPN2.
• John Canzano has some thoughts on De'Anthony Thomas.
He had 222 all-purpose yards on just 10 touches, and with USC's Matt Barkley running for his life in a 21-14 loss at Stanford, Thomas remains the Pac-12's new best hope to get Heisman votes.
The guy is like Bo Jackson on the original Tecmo Bowl right now, and as long as he stays healthy, he's going to continue to find the end zone and rip off chunks of yardage at an alarming rate.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:46 AM