Saturday, September 15, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Snoop Dogg talks with reporters about De'Anthony Thomas. Video courtesy of the Pac-12 Network.
• Joel @FishDuck.com previews today's game against Tennessee Tech.
Another opportunity arrives for Oregon to work out the kinks in the offense, and continue to build depth in the secondary–hopefully while bucking the trend of losing key starters each game due to injury.
• Aaron Fentress says today's game is all about avoiding additional injuries and predicts a 51 point blowout.
• Ted Miller wonders if you knew?
Kenjon Barner is averaging 7.9 yards per rush inside the tackles this season (5.4 in 2011).
• Oregon RB commit Thomas Tyner out of Aloha H.S. set a State of Oregon record.
Tyner celebrated his 18th birthday with a record-setting 38 carries for 643 yards and 10 touchdowns. He scored on first half rushing touchdowns of 20, 41, 62, 60 and 65 yards.
• Rob Moseley is interested to see if the defense can avoid any explosion plays and predicts a 60 point victory.
Boyett was the master of playing a deep center field, and keeping the opposition from turning a solid gain into a long, explosive scoring play. Will Avery Patterson and Brian Jackson have the play recognition and discipline to do the same, against an offense that does feature a few capable weapons?
• My prediction: Oregon 77 -Tennessee Tech 17. Unis: Helmet Green-Jersey Green-Pants grey.
Posted by Mike Wines at 5:34 AM