Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Chip Kelly answers question at yesterday's press conference. Video courtesy of Rob Moseley and the RG.
• Chris Anderson has a preview of Tennessee Tech and has a quote from their head coach Watson Brown.
“This is the toughest one,” said Brown when commenting on the Golden Eagles' game against the Oregon Ducks during his weekly show called The Watson Brown Show. “I don't think there is any doubt (of that) because of the style of offense. They can get points so fast. They've been very nice to the first two opponents in the way they've played them. There's no telling what this team (the Ducks) could do if they really wanted to.”
• GoDucks.com has their weekly football release ready for the game on Saturday.
• Rob Moseley updates the depth chart.
• Charles @FishDuck.com is wondering if the days of highlight/analysis videos on YouTube are over courtesy of the Pac-12?
• Ted Miller looks at how the Pac-12 stacks up nationally in the stats department.
• Kevin Gemmell looks at the Pac-12 Heisman contenders. Here is what he says about De'Anthony Thomas.
* Week 2 numbers: Carried the ball seven times for 102 yards and touchdowns. Caught four balls for 26 yards.
*Season numbers: 10 carries for 166 yards and three touchdowns. Eight catches for 81 yards and two touchdowns.
*What went well: For starters -- his 39-yard and 51-yard touchdown runs were awfully impressive. Credit to Marcus Mariota for waiting until the last possible minute to pitch to Thomas on the 39-yard option. And the 51-yarder was vintage Thomas (I think he's earned vintage status). Right up the gut, bounced off a player and hit top speed all over again. Nothing but highlights from this guy.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:38 AM