Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Chip Kelly, Marcus Mariota, Kenjon Barner and Keanon Lowe talk with reporters after practice yesterday. Video courtesy of KVAL.
• Adam Jude calls John Boyett, one in a million.
He hopes to follow the path paved by former teammates and defensive backs Pat Chung, Jairus Byrd, Walter Thurmond III and Ward into the NFL.
"It's my dream," Boyett said, "to be the best."
"I love John Boyett," said Nick Aliotti, Oregon's longtime defensive coordinator. "He's one of my favorite all-time -- one of those special kind of kids that don't come around very often. He's one in a million."
• Bob Clark previews the game on Saturday versus Arkansas St.
“We’ve been smashing each other for a whole month,” UO senior running back Kenjon Barner said. “It’s an opportunity to go smash somebody else.”
• Ted Miller has his fearless predictions for the up coming season along with a way too early bowl projection post.
• Need tickets? Oregon athletic department has a deal via Groupon. Two tickets with two sodas for $110.00.
• Ted Miller has Oregon at #2 on his Pac-12 Power Ranking meter.
QB Marcus Mariota has inherited the keys to the Ducks' ludicrous speed offense, which is almost certain to be outstanding again with Kenjon Barner, De'Anthony Thomas and a good line. But it's the defense that figures to keep the three-time defending Pac-12 champions ranked in the top-five. Oregon visits USC on Nov. 3, which could be the national game of the season. At least until they meet again in the Pac-12 title game.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:46 AM