Thursday, August 23, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Chip Kelly talks with reporters after practice yesterday. Video courtesy of Rob Moseley and the RG. (note to RM...appreciate the vids but...get an external mic with a foam cover to knock out the wind noise)...
• The secondary is full of playmakers and depth according to this report.
Between the ability of Avery Patterson and Ifo Ekpre-Olomu to play both corner and safety, and Eric Dargan’s new versatility, coach John Neal thinks he should be able to adjust when the inevitable befalls Oregon’s secondary in 2012, be it injury or some other challenge.
• Rob Moseley also notes some wild cards at the two deep as an end to fall camp approaches.
• Some more pictures of the new jerseys from the Nike Blog.
• Does Oregon have big play potential? You bet says Robert Nelson & Jungkyu Lee at ESPN.
• When it comes to recruiting it's all about speed at Oregon with Chip Kelly at the helm.
• Dale Newton at The Duck Stops Here wonders who will get the ball?
Marcus Mariota has star power. He exudes confidence and cool, and has that laid-back island attitude that would rub off on his teammates. In the end that, along with his speed and dual-threat exceptional ability, great touch and decision-making, means he probably wins the job. But you hate to sit the guy who played very capably in 8 games.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:54 AM