Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• GoDucksdotcom wonders if your're ready for a little football?
• Chip Kelly, Bryan Bennett and Marcus Mariota talk with reporters after practice yesterday. Video courtesy of Rob Moseley and the RG.
• Chris Anderson has some more practice notes.
• Rob Moseley reports Oregon center Hroniss Grasu is a "centering" force.
“You don’t even think about Hroniss anymore, and that’s a complement,” UO coach Chip Kelly said. “A year ago at this time, it was like, ‘How’s he going to react?’”
“You feel like he’s been around here a long time, but he’s only a sophomore,” Kelly said. “He’s been an anchor for us.”
• Fan Day is this Saturday from noon until 2pm local time at Autzen Stadium. Meet players get autographs or maybe some new Duck gear.
• The Nike Blog released more photos of the new jerseys.
• Jon Wilner has a Pac-12 Network update that might put a smile on Direct TV customer's faces.
• Kirk Herbstreit likes some Ducks in his annual Herbie Awards.
This year's list is kind to Oregon. Kenjon Barner is listed among the top five running backs, Michael Clay is among the "best-kept secrets," Dion Jordan makes the "dirty dozen" at defensive end (even though he's really an outside linebacker) and De'Anthony Thomas is tabbed as one of the nation's most exciting players.
Posted by Mike Wines at 4:52 AM