Friday, August 17, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Chip Kelly with reporters after practice yesterday, and Isaac Remington and Jared Ebert talk with Rob Moseley about fall camp. Video courtesy of Rob and the RG.
• David Melo @FishDuck.com relives the QB quandary back in 1997 between Akili Smith and Jason Haas. He compares it to the 2012 season where coaches must choose between Marcus Mariota and Bryan Bennett.
As Oregon prepares for the 2012 football season, one question garners more attention than all others: who plays quarterback? It’s not the first time Oregon went into the season with a sharply divided fan base, arguing over which one was better. In the past Oregon has implemented multiple quarterback rotations, with varied results.
• Rob Moseley notes some non-conference games for 2013 have been anoounced recently. Nicholls State, Nevada and Tennessee are slated.
• Steve Summers compiled a list of former Ducks who are playing in the NFL.
• Is the Autzen sellout streak over?
• Adam Jude reports on a couple of publications who have chosen breakout player candidates and offers some other suggestions.
Sports Illustrated, in its college football preview issue this week, tabbed senior wide receiver Rahsaan Vaughn as its breakout player. In another team preview, SI.com listed tight end Colt Lyerla as the breakout pick.
Posted by Mike Wines at 5:03 AM