Saturday, August 11, 2012
Duck Stuff: Morning Mud
• Chip Kelly and Rashaan Vaughn talk about the first day in pads and fall camp while Brian Teague talks about helping the tight end group in Colt Lyerla's absence. Video courtesy of KVAL and Rob Moseley.
• Ted Miller unveils the first Oregon player to crack his top 25 for 2012 where you will find John Boyett at number sixteen.
Boyett, second team All-Pac-12 in 2011, is heading into his fourth year as a starter for the Ducks and is a top All-American candidate. The 5-foot-11, 202-pound senior was Oregon's leading tackler for the second time in three seasons in 2011 and has piled up 276 tackles during an outstanding career.
• Rob Moseley believes more scrutiny has helped Oregon enroll all 64 out of 64 signees under Chip Kelly.
• Jon Wilner has an update regarding the Pac-12 Network with the addition of a few more providers.
• Fan Day and the Spirit Tee will be unveiled on August 25th inside Autzen Stadium.
• Chris Huston outlines what De'Anthony Thomas has to do to win the Heisman.
In short, Thomas has a couple routes to the Heisman. He can (1) put forth one of the greatest single-season all-purpose efforts in history or (2) lead the Ducks to an undefeated season (and wins over USC) by virtue of his exciting, clutch playmaking ability.
Posted by Mike Wines at 7:27 AM